You ask what is a favicon? A favicon (short for favorites icon) is a 16×16 or 32×32 pixel square icon associated with a particular website or webpage. Browsers that provide favicon support typically display a page’s favicon in the browser’s address bar and next to the page’s name in a list of bookmarks. If you look at the image below you will see exactly where the favicon is visible:
- First you need to make your icon. You can use MS Paint, Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop or any other graphics program you have.
- I think the best results you have are from squares. So draw a square and then add detail to it (a letter and/or image). Make sure there is not a lot of detail because this is going to be shrunk down to 16 x 16 or 32 x 32 pixels which is not very big.
- Save it to your computer.
- There are many sites out there which allow you to create your own but one of my favorites to give customers is this one: ICONJ.
- Load your favicon up to their site and click on SHARPEN +3
- Once you have uploaded your image you will get a page with this type of image on it:
- In another tab open up your blogger dashboard and click on design/edit HTML
- Click on ctrl + F to find this part of your code: < /head > (remove the spaces before and after the < >.
- Right BEFORE the < /head > paste the code in the box under this heading Host It at IconJ.com: (Direct Link)
I hope you found this tutorial helpful. If you have any questions or you need help please do not hesitate to contact me.